Sunday will be the Twenty-fifth Sunday after Pentecost and our United Thank Offering Ingathering. Please bring your UTO offering to either 8:30 or 10:30 services and place them in the alms basin as it is passed. At the 8:30 a.m. liturgy, Skyler Bartlett will be baptized and Holy Eucharist will be celebrated using Rite II. At 10:30 a.m., the Holy Eucharist, Rite I will be celebrated. Christian education for all will take place, as usual, at 9:30 a.m. Laura Beth Weaver will continue our forum discussion around stories that ground our faith.
Sunday also marks the 100th anniversary of the Armistice that ended World War I. I hope you will at least pause and give thanks for the men and women who sacrificed so much, even as much as their lives, in the Great War. Of course we remember all who have given of themselves in the service to our nation, especially in times of great need.
Christ Church's annual meeting will be held on Sunday, Dec. 2 at 9:30 a.m. Therefore, please have annual reports into the church office by Nov. 15th.
Upcoming events in our parish life to put on your calendar are:
- Morning Prayer will be read Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 7:30 a.m.
- Sunday, Nov. 11 - Choristers Rehearsal, 11:45 a.m.
- Monday, Nov. 12 - Education for Ministry, 7:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, Nov. 13 - Rector's Bible Study, 12:00 noon
- Wednesday, Nov. 14 - Tai Chi, 10:30 a.m.
- Wednesday, Nov. 14 - Canterbury Fellowship & Lutheran Thanksgiving Dinner, 6:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, Nov. 14 - Adult Choir Rehearsal, 7:00 p.m.
- Thursday, Nov. 15 - Handbell Choir Rehearsal, 6:30 p.m.
- Thursday, Nov. 15 - Annual Reports due in parish office