Christ Church Stewardship
- How do we define Stewardship at Christ Episcopal Church?
- Stewardship is more than simply contributing money to the church; it's also about contributing time and talents, and volunteering for ministry and mission.
- Where does the church's practice of Stewardship come from?
- The tradition of giving back to God and to the church comes from the Biblical practice of "tithing," which means to give back a tenth of our earnings to God (Numbers 18:26).
- Why is Stewardship so important?
- Stewardship is about being grateful, responsible stewards of the gifts we receive from God. It's about reaching out to build relationships from a perspective of abundance instead of scarcity. Simply, Stewardship puts our faith into practice.
- How can you help? - Be involved by Giving!
- Please fill out a pledge form each year. The pledge forms are found on the Pledge Page.
- Consider planned giving by joining the Cornerstone Society.
- How to Give: Please mail your check to the church, drop your pledge envelope into the Sunday collection plate, or set up Auto Bill Pay. See the information below.
- If you have questions about how, please contact us:
- Phone: 540.552.2411
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Auto Bill Pay - Electronic Giving
While the Sunday offering is the most common opportunity to give, many of our congregants have asked for the option of making a payment automatically through their bank's bill pay option. Automatic Bank Bill Pay, sometimes called Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT), is set up directly with your banking institution; most banks offer this as a free service to their customers. This payment method allows you to set up an automatic draft withdrawal from your checking account without having to write or mail checks.
How to Set Up Automatic Bank Bill Pay
To set up an automatic bank bill pay you will be required to contact your banking institution directly; logging on to the bank website is the most convenient but a phone call or visit to the bank may also be an option. They will provide step-by-step instructions.
Your bank will most likely require some or all of the following information:
You can set up a one time payment in an amount of your choosing or set up recurring payments. You choose the frequency of payments and when during the month the payments are made. Most banks send email reminders. Payments can be changed or stopped at any time.
- Name: Christ Episcopal Church
- Address: P.O. Box 164, 120 Church St, NE, Blacksburg, VA 24063
- Phone Number: 540.552.2411
- Account Number: no account information is required
You can establish automatic bill pay to make transfers to the church even if you haven't made a pledge for the year. However, if you are establishing automatic bill pay to fund your annual pledge, please let the church office/receipts treasurer know. At the appropriate time the bank will forward the payment to the Church, either electronically or via paper check. If you have questions please contact the office.
For those who traditionally have given through check, you may continue to do so.
Kroger Charitable Giving Program: Community Rewards Program
Please link your "Kroger Plus" card number to the charitable account number, 82320. This can be done online or call 800-576-4377. To enroll online follow the following steps:
- Go to www.krogercommunityrewards.com
- Click on "Create An Account" button
- Enter your information (name, email, create password, select a preferred store by entering 24060)
- Click, "Create Account" button to be taken to "Add A Plus Card" page
- Enter the number from the back of your Kroger Plus Shopping Card and your last name
- Click "Save" button and you will be automatically taken to the "Account Summary" page
- Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Community Rewards. Click "Enroll" Button. Provide information requested )name, phone, date of birth)
- Click "Save" button and you will be automatically taken to the "Fund your Organization" page
- Enter the following number, 82320 to locate Christ Episcopal Church Blacksburg. Click on the church's name and click the "Enroll" Button