I am most saddened to report to you that the Rev. Robert Baldwin "B" Lloyd died yesterday, October 11 with his three children present. His funeral will be at Christ Church on Friday, October 18 at 11:00 a.m. His cremains will be scattered in the Memorial Garden following the liturgy. A reception will follow in the Parish Hall. Scott+
Virginia Tech's Homecoming Parade and home football game will be on Saturday; the parade begins at 9:00 a.m. Kickoff is at 3:30 p.m. Again the students of Canterbury Fellowship and I will be renting church parking lot spaces beginning at 8:00 a.m. Parishioners are always welcome to lend a helping hand too.
Sunday will be the Nineteenth Sunday after Pentecost/Proper 24. We will celebrate the Holy Eucharist, Rite I at 8:30 a.m. and Rite II at 10:30 a.m. Rachel Scott will speak on "Women
Scott will be joining Children's Chapel for the Liturgy of the Word at 10:30.
Evensong will be sung at 5:30 p.m. using the 1662 Book of Common Prayer. A reception will follow.
Next Sunday, October 27 will be the Fall Ingathering for the United Thank Offering, collected at both the 8:30 and 10:30 liturgies.
PARKING LOT REMINDER: The spaces marked in YELLOW are for our leased parking tenants, and those particular spaces are in use by them Monday - Saturday. Non-leased spaces are marked in WHITE. On Sundays all of the parking spaces are available for your use. Four spaces have been relocated to the upper end of the lot where our Canterbury House residents used to park. When you are at church during the week, please be mindful of our parking arrangements.
Upcoming events in our parish life to put on your calendar are:
- Sunday, Oct. 20 - Choristers Rehearsal, 11:45 a.m.
- Morning Prayer - Every Monday, Wednesday, Friday, 7:30 a.m.
- Monday, Oct. 21 - Education for Ministry, 7:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, Oct. 22 - Bible Study, 12:00 noon
- Wednesday, Oct. 23 - Tai Chi, 10:30 a.m.
- Wednesday, Oct. 23- Canterbury Fellowship, 5:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, Oct. 23 - Adult Choir Rehearsal, 7:00 p.m.
- Thursday, Oct. 24 - Handbell Choir Rehearsal, 6:45 p.m.