Sunday will be the Second Sunday in Lent, with the Penitential Order and Holy Eucharist, Rite I at 8:30 a.m. and the Penitential Order and Holy Eucharist, Rite II at 10:30 a.m.
At 9:30 a.m. Christian education will be offered for all, and Laura Beth Weaver will be leading adult forum in a discussion focused on translations of Psalm 23 as part of our "Words Matter" Lenten forum theme.
On Wednesday, March 20 will gather at 5:45 p.m. for our first Lenten potluck dinner followed by Compline at 6:45 p.m. Remember that this dinner will include our Canterbury Fellowship students, too.
2nd Sunday Cereal Update from Pat Marcolini . . . Many thanks to all who supported Cereal Sunday. I delivered 81 pounds of cereal that;Christ Church collected. Interfaith Food Pantry served 249 families and 623 friends; neighbors in Blacksburg and McCoy in February. Thanks you!
Upcoming events in our parish life to put on your calendar are:
- Monday, March 18
- Education for Ministry, 7:00 p.m.
- Pub Theology, The Cellar, 6:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 19
- Rector's Bible Study, 12:00 noon.
- Stewardship Committee, 4:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 20
- Tai Chi, 10:30 a.m.
- Lenten Potluck (5:45 p.m.) & Evening Prayer, 6:45 p.m.
- Adult Choir Rehearsal, 7:00 p.m.
- Thursday, March 21 - Handbell Choir Rehearsal, 6:30 p.m.